Topless activists enter Russian embassy in Sweden
Stockholm: Two topless activists climbed over a fence into the Russian embassy in Stockholm to protest against the country`s anti-gay bill and stigmatisation of homosexuals.
Police were called to the embassy on Thursday morning to remove the activists, who are now suspected of trespassing. They were released after confessing to trespassing.
The two women, linked to the Ukrainian feminist group Femen, waved a rainbow flag at the embassy`s grounds and carried a sign saying "homosexual propaganda on Russian ground".
They were supported by two other activists outside the embassy, who shouted "Gay Rights are Human Rights".
One of the activists, Jenny Wenhammar, said the group was protesting against a recently enacted Russian law which imposes hefty fines for holding gay pride rallies or providing information about the gay community to minors.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'