Two Australian boys held for blast that caused bushfire
Sydney: Two Australian teenagers have been arrested after a homemade bomb exploded, causing a bush fire in the New South Wales, media reported Monday.
Emergency services were called to an area of bushland near Crestwood Drive in Port Macquarie Sunday following reports of a fire, Xinhua reported.
Police said the boys, both aged 16, lit a homemade explosive device and threw it into a vacant block. The bomb exploded accidentally, causing a fire in the nearby bushland.
The two boys attempted to put out the blaze, which was later extinguished by firefighters.
The fire burnt through a small area and no property was damaged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report