Two dead in blaze at fireworks warehouse in Curacao
Willemstad (Curacao): Authorities in Curacao say another person has died from an explosion at a fireworks warehouse, raising the death toll to two victims.
Police spokesman Reggie Huggins says seven people were injured in the explosion yesterday at the government-owned building where fireworks were stored.
He says all the casualties were public employees working at the warehouse.
It is unclear what caused the explosion, which set off a blaze that completely destroyed the building.
Huggins and other government officials raised the death toll at a late yesterday news conference.
Curacao is a sparsely populated Dutch Caribbean island of nearly 150,000 people just north of Venezuela.
With agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren