Two dead in blaze at fireworks warehouse in Curacao
Willemstad (Curacao): Authorities in Curacao say another person has died from an explosion at a fireworks warehouse, raising the death toll to two victims.
Police spokesman Reggie Huggins says seven people were injured in the explosion yesterday at the government-owned building where fireworks were stored.
He says all the casualties were public employees working at the warehouse.
It is unclear what caused the explosion, which set off a blaze that completely destroyed the building.
Huggins and other government officials raised the death toll at a late yesterday news conference.
Curacao is a sparsely populated Dutch Caribbean island of nearly 150,000 people just north of Venezuela.
With agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof