Two deaths in Egypt cathedral clashes: Ministry
Cairo: The death toll from sectarian clashes outside Cairo`s Coptic cathedral has risen to two, Egypt`s Health Ministry said on Monday.
The ministry said previously that 30-year-old Mahrus Hanna Ibrahim Tadros had died in the clashes on Sunday between Christians and Muslims. The second victim has not yet been identified.
The violence erupted on Sunday outside St Mark`s cathedral which had come under attack by police and civilians following funeral prayers for four Christians.
At least 89 people were injured, said the ministry.
The four Christians were killed on Friday in a town north of Cairo in sectarian clashes that also left one Muslim dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat