Two deaths in Egypt cathedral clashes: Ministry
Cairo: The death toll from sectarian clashes outside Cairo`s Coptic cathedral has risen to two, Egypt`s Health Ministry said on Monday.
The ministry said previously that 30-year-old Mahrus Hanna Ibrahim Tadros had died in the clashes on Sunday between Christians and Muslims. The second victim has not yet been identified.
The violence erupted on Sunday outside St Mark`s cathedral which had come under attack by police and civilians following funeral prayers for four Christians.
At least 89 people were injured, said the ministry.
The four Christians were killed on Friday in a town north of Cairo in sectarian clashes that also left one Muslim dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption