Two deaths in Egypt cathedral clashes: Ministry
Cairo: The death toll from sectarian clashes outside Cairo`s Coptic cathedral has risen to two, Egypt`s Health Ministry said on Monday.
The ministry said previously that 30-year-old Mahrus Hanna Ibrahim Tadros had died in the clashes on Sunday between Christians and Muslims. The second victim has not yet been identified.
The violence erupted on Sunday outside St Mark`s cathedral which had come under attack by police and civilians following funeral prayers for four Christians.
At least 89 people were injured, said the ministry.
The four Christians were killed on Friday in a town north of Cairo in sectarian clashes that also left one Muslim dead.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Kerala CM Chandy files defamation case against Achuthanandan
- Earthquake rocks southwest France, no casualties reported
- West Bengal polls fifth phase to decide fate of four Narada 'stung' Trinamool biggies
- Campaigning ends for Bengal polls fifth phase
- Turkish scribes get two years jail for publishing Prophet cartoon