Two deaths in Egypt cathedral clashes: Ministry
Cairo: The death toll from sectarian clashes outside Cairo`s Coptic cathedral has risen to two, Egypt`s Health Ministry said on Monday.
The ministry said previously that 30-year-old Mahrus Hanna Ibrahim Tadros had died in the clashes on Sunday between Christians and Muslims. The second victim has not yet been identified.
The violence erupted on Sunday outside St Mark`s cathedral which had come under attack by police and civilians following funeral prayers for four Christians.
At least 89 people were injured, said the ministry.
The four Christians were killed on Friday in a town north of Cairo in sectarian clashes that also left one Muslim dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims
- Present ICC ranking system is not satisfactory: Javed Miandad
- Doctors say bill is 'black day' for surrogacy, will spawn corruption
- Naqvi launches websites for Ministry of Minority Affairs