Two deaths in Egypt cathedral clashes: Ministry

Last Updated: Monday, April 8, 2013 - 15:13

Cairo: The death toll from sectarian clashes outside Cairo`s Coptic cathedral has risen to two, Egypt`s Health Ministry said on Monday.

The ministry said previously that 30-year-old Mahrus Hanna Ibrahim Tadros had died in the clashes on Sunday between Christians and Muslims. The second victim has not yet been identified.

The violence erupted on Sunday outside St Mark`s cathedral which had come under attack by police and civilians following funeral prayers for four Christians.

At least 89 people were injured, said the ministry.

The four Christians were killed on Friday in a town north of Cairo in sectarian clashes that also left one Muslim dead.

AFP



First Published: Monday, April 8, 2013 - 15:13

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus