Two militants killed in Afghanistan police raid
Kabul: Two militants were killed while four others were detained during a police operation in the northern Afghan province of Kunduz overnight, police said Saturday.
"The special operation police force of Kunduz carried out a raid on a militants` hideout in Zarkharid area in the outskirts of provincial capital Kunduz city, killing two militants named Safiullha and Samiullah overnight," Sayyed Sarwar Husaini, a provincial police spokesman, told Xinhua.
The militant hideout was destroyed and four militants were captured following the raid, he said, adding no member of the security force was hurt.
The Taliban-led violence continues in Afghanistan even as security forces press on to clear the militants in restive provinces.
Afghan security forces took the full operational lead from foreign troops in the middle of last year. The war-torn country is due to take over the responsibility for its own security from NATO-led foreign troops by the end of this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics