Two militants killed in Afghanistan police raid
Kabul: Two militants were killed while four others were detained during a police operation in the northern Afghan province of Kunduz overnight, police said Saturday.
"The special operation police force of Kunduz carried out a raid on a militants` hideout in Zarkharid area in the outskirts of provincial capital Kunduz city, killing two militants named Safiullha and Samiullah overnight," Sayyed Sarwar Husaini, a provincial police spokesman, told Xinhua.
The militant hideout was destroyed and four militants were captured following the raid, he said, adding no member of the security force was hurt.
The Taliban-led violence continues in Afghanistan even as security forces press on to clear the militants in restive provinces.
Afghan security forces took the full operational lead from foreign troops in the middle of last year. The war-torn country is due to take over the responsibility for its own security from NATO-led foreign troops by the end of this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!