Two people shot dead at Czech plane plant
Prague: A gunman opened fire at an airplane plant in the Czech Republic, killing two people on Thursday before committing suicide, police said.
The shooting occurred inside the Aircraft Industries company in the eastern town of Kunovice, police spokeswoman Jana Bartikova said.
Initial information suggested six people were wounded, Bartikova said, but regional rescue service spokesman Petr Olsan said only one woman sustained a head injury and had to be treated in a nearby hospital. Olsan said the injury wasn`t serious.
Bartikova said police identified the gunman but declined to give information about him, except he was 56 and lived in the region.
She said the shooting happened at the company`s headquarters during a meeting of its board with about 15 people present. Police were unsuccessfully trying to communicate with the gunman before they entered the room to find him and the two victims, men aged 50 and 52, dead.
Bartikova suggested the motive for the killing could be a personal or work dispute, but gave no details.
Russia`s UGMK holds a 51 percent majority in the plant, which produces the L-410 aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre