Two people shot dead at Czech plane plant
Prague: A gunman opened fire at an airplane plant in the Czech Republic, killing two people on Thursday before committing suicide, police said.
The shooting occurred inside the Aircraft Industries company in the eastern town of Kunovice, police spokeswoman Jana Bartikova said.
Initial information suggested six people were wounded, Bartikova said, but regional rescue service spokesman Petr Olsan said only one woman sustained a head injury and had to be treated in a nearby hospital. Olsan said the injury wasn`t serious.
Bartikova said police identified the gunman but declined to give information about him, except he was 56 and lived in the region.
She said the shooting happened at the company`s headquarters during a meeting of its board with about 15 people present. Police were unsuccessfully trying to communicate with the gunman before they entered the room to find him and the two victims, men aged 50 and 52, dead.
Bartikova suggested the motive for the killing could be a personal or work dispute, but gave no details.
Russia`s UGMK holds a 51 percent majority in the plant, which produces the L-410 aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal