Two people shot dead at Czech plane plant
Prague: A gunman opened fire at an airplane plant in the Czech Republic, killing two people on Thursday before committing suicide, police said.
The shooting occurred inside the Aircraft Industries company in the eastern town of Kunovice, police spokeswoman Jana Bartikova said.
Initial information suggested six people were wounded, Bartikova said, but regional rescue service spokesman Petr Olsan said only one woman sustained a head injury and had to be treated in a nearby hospital. Olsan said the injury wasn`t serious.
Bartikova said police identified the gunman but declined to give information about him, except he was 56 and lived in the region.
She said the shooting happened at the company`s headquarters during a meeting of its board with about 15 people present. Police were unsuccessfully trying to communicate with the gunman before they entered the room to find him and the two victims, men aged 50 and 52, dead.
Bartikova suggested the motive for the killing could be a personal or work dispute, but gave no details.
Russia`s UGMK holds a 51 percent majority in the plant, which produces the L-410 aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj