Two planes collide over San Francisco Bay
San Francisco: Two small planes have collided over San Francisco Bay, leaving a pilot missing after only one of the aircraft landed safely.
US Coast Guard spokeswoman Loumania Stewart says a water search is underway after debris was spotted in the water following the yesterday afternoon collision.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor says the collision involved a Cessna 210 and a Hawker Sea Fury TMK 20. Each aircraft had one person on board.
Gregor says the Cessna crashed into the water, and the pilot of the Hawker was able to land safely at a small airport. That pilot was reportedly uninjured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez