Two planes collide over San Francisco Bay
San Francisco: Two small planes have collided over San Francisco Bay, leaving a pilot missing after only one of the aircraft landed safely.
US Coast Guard spokeswoman Loumania Stewart says a water search is underway after debris was spotted in the water following the yesterday afternoon collision.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor says the collision involved a Cessna 210 and a Hawker Sea Fury TMK 20. Each aircraft had one person on board.
Gregor says the Cessna crashed into the water, and the pilot of the Hawker was able to land safely at a small airport. That pilot was reportedly uninjured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional