Two policemen killed, 3 wounded in Russia`s Caucasus
Makhachkala(Russia): An Interior Ministry
official in Russia`s restive province of Dagestan says two
police officers have been killed and three wounded in an
Vyacheslav Gasanov said a police convoy was attacked
early today on a forest road in the Tsumadi region. The convoy
was returning after a security raid that followed yesterday`s
killing of three police officers.
Gasanov said unidentified gunmen also killed a fortune
teller in the town of Kaspiysk late yesterday.
Dagestan and other provinces in Russia`s North
Caucasus have been destabilized by an Islamic insurgency that
has spread following two separatist wars in nearby Chechnya.
Sergei Morozov, an Interior Ministry spokesman for the
Caucasus region, said a suspected militant was killed and
another one detained yesterday in the province of Ingushetia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi