Two policemen killed, 3 wounded in Russia`s Caucasus
Makhachkala(Russia): An Interior Ministry
official in Russia`s restive province of Dagestan says two
police officers have been killed and three wounded in an
Vyacheslav Gasanov said a police convoy was attacked
early today on a forest road in the Tsumadi region. The convoy
was returning after a security raid that followed yesterday`s
killing of three police officers.
Gasanov said unidentified gunmen also killed a fortune
teller in the town of Kaspiysk late yesterday.
Dagestan and other provinces in Russia`s North
Caucasus have been destabilized by an Islamic insurgency that
has spread following two separatist wars in nearby Chechnya.
Sergei Morozov, an Interior Ministry spokesman for the
Caucasus region, said a suspected militant was killed and
another one detained yesterday in the province of Ingushetia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16