Two policemen killed, 3 wounded in Russia`s Caucasus
Makhachkala(Russia): An Interior Ministry
official in Russia`s restive province of Dagestan says two
police officers have been killed and three wounded in an
Vyacheslav Gasanov said a police convoy was attacked
early today on a forest road in the Tsumadi region. The convoy
was returning after a security raid that followed yesterday`s
killing of three police officers.
Gasanov said unidentified gunmen also killed a fortune
teller in the town of Kaspiysk late yesterday.
Dagestan and other provinces in Russia`s North
Caucasus have been destabilized by an Islamic insurgency that
has spread following two separatist wars in nearby Chechnya.
Sergei Morozov, an Interior Ministry spokesman for the
Caucasus region, said a suspected militant was killed and
another one detained yesterday in the province of Ingushetia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption