UAE distributes Braille Quran in Palestine
Jerusalem: The UAE`s Human Appeal International (HAI) has launched a campaign under which Quran books in Braille are being distributed in Palestine.
Under the "Braille Quran for Every Visually Impaired in Palestine" campaign, 300 Quran books in Braille have been given out till now.
Ibrahim Al Rashid, the director of the HAI in the West Bank, said the Braille Qurans are being given to universities, schools, public libraries, mosques and visually impaired students.
He said the campaign is aimed at over 1,000 visually impaired people in need of Braille Qurans. The books come in six volumes per Quran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?