UK bars entry to American self-defence expert
London: The British government has refused to allow an American self-defence instructor to enter the country because it fears his teachings may encourage vigilante violence.
Tim Larkin had planned to fly to Britain to hold seminars on self defence. His website says he teaches techniques that can inflict "crippling pain."
He was stopped as he tried to board a plane from Las Vegas to Britain last night.
Britain`s Home Office said in a statement today that it had given Larkin an exclusion order to stop him coming to the country. It said it fears the type of self-defence training promoted by Larkin could encourage "excessive violence and vigilante-type behavior."
Larkin came to Britain around three years ago to host similar seminars. He told the BBC the exclusion order is an overreaction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon