UK bars entry to American self-defence expert
London: The British government has refused to allow an American self-defence instructor to enter the country because it fears his teachings may encourage vigilante violence.
Tim Larkin had planned to fly to Britain to hold seminars on self defence. His website says he teaches techniques that can inflict "crippling pain."
He was stopped as he tried to board a plane from Las Vegas to Britain last night.
Britain`s Home Office said in a statement today that it had given Larkin an exclusion order to stop him coming to the country. It said it fears the type of self-defence training promoted by Larkin could encourage "excessive violence and vigilante-type behavior."
Larkin came to Britain around three years ago to host similar seminars. He told the BBC the exclusion order is an overreaction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- When Microsoft almost bought Yahoo for $45 billion!
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked