UK-bound plane receives bomb threat
Ankara: A UK-bound Pakistan International
Airlines plane was forced to make an emergency landing in
Istanbul on Wednesday after it received a bomb threat over Bulgaria,
state-run Anatolia news agency reported.
Authorities quickly evacuated all 378 passengers from the
Boeing 777-300ER aircraft after it was parked at a remote
corner of the International Ataturk Airport, and bomb squads
began searching the plane with sniffer dogs, Anatolia
The plane received the threat somewhere near the Bulgarian
capital of Sofia, and contacted the control tower in Istanbul
to seek permission for the landing.
Television footage showed the PIA plane with the Pakistani
flag painted on its tail on the tarmac in Istanbul with about
a dozen ground workers nearby apparently after the plane was
evacuated. Firefighter trucks and ambulances were on standby
at a safe distance.
The plane took off from the Pakistan capital Islamabad and
was heading to Manchester, England, the agency said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Red Corridor to be redrawn - Know how many districts will be taken off Naxalite–Maoist insurgency list
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya for not disclosing assets
- Parliament video: Speaker forms 9-member probe panel, asks Bhagwant Mann not to attend House
- Impressed with Narendra Modi; India is in safe hands under his government - Praises by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?