UK-bound plane receives bomb threat
Ankara: A UK-bound Pakistan International
Airlines plane was forced to make an emergency landing in
Istanbul on Wednesday after it received a bomb threat over Bulgaria,
state-run Anatolia news agency reported.
Authorities quickly evacuated all 378 passengers from the
Boeing 777-300ER aircraft after it was parked at a remote
corner of the International Ataturk Airport, and bomb squads
began searching the plane with sniffer dogs, Anatolia
The plane received the threat somewhere near the Bulgarian
capital of Sofia, and contacted the control tower in Istanbul
to seek permission for the landing.
Television footage showed the PIA plane with the Pakistani
flag painted on its tail on the tarmac in Istanbul with about
a dozen ground workers nearby apparently after the plane was
evacuated. Firefighter trucks and ambulances were on standby
at a safe distance.
The plane took off from the Pakistan capital Islamabad and
was heading to Manchester, England, the agency said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter