UK police hunt for missing Indian girl
London: A 17-year-old Indian girl, on holiday in London with her family, has gone missing and police have appealed for information about the teenager.
The girl, Emaan Shah, was due to leave the country on the evening of June 10 at the end of the holiday with her family.
But in the afternoon she became separated from her mother whilst they were shopping on Oxford Street, one of the city`s busiest shopping districts, and has not been seen since.
"The disappearance is out of character and officers are keen to trace her as soon as possible," the Metropolitan police said in its appeal.
"Emaan is described as 5 feet, 3 inches tall, of slim build with brown wavy hair. When last seen she was wearing a black jacket with a Manchester United logo on the chest, grey trousers and black and white trainers," the appeal adds.
The Shah family was staying at the five-star Marriott Hotel in Marble Arch, near Oxford Street, and they rushed to look for her there but there was no sign of Emaan at the hotel either.
She was carrying some cash with her but did not have a mobile phone on her.
Her father, Tanvir Shah, who runs advertising company in India, said, "We are frantic with worry. There is no reason why she should go missing. She was happy and had just done well in her exams and was looking forward to choosing a university."
The Met police are now trawling through CCTV recordings of the area and have urged anyone with information to call 101.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir