UN court orders retrial for former Kosovo PM
Hague: The Yugoslav war crimes tribunal
has ordered a retrial for former Kosovo PM Ramush Haradinaj,
two years after he was acquitted of murder, rape and torture
Tribunal President Patrick Robinson says the original
trial of Haradinaj and two other former commanders in the
Kosovo Liberation Army was marred by witness intimidation.
Robinson said today the trial chamber "failed to
appreciate the gravity" of the intimidation.
Judges originally threw out charges against Haradinaj for
lack of evidence.
Haradinaj showed no emotion when Robinson ordered the
Haradinaj had been charged along with Idriz Balaj and
Lahi Brahimaj with abusing Serbs or their supporters in 1998
as Kosovo battled for independence from Serbia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place