UN court orders retrial for former Kosovo PM
Hague: The Yugoslav war crimes tribunal
has ordered a retrial for former Kosovo PM Ramush Haradinaj,
two years after he was acquitted of murder, rape and torture
Tribunal President Patrick Robinson says the original
trial of Haradinaj and two other former commanders in the
Kosovo Liberation Army was marred by witness intimidation.
Robinson said today the trial chamber "failed to
appreciate the gravity" of the intimidation.
Judges originally threw out charges against Haradinaj for
lack of evidence.
Haradinaj showed no emotion when Robinson ordered the
Haradinaj had been charged along with Idriz Balaj and
Lahi Brahimaj with abusing Serbs or their supporters in 1998
as Kosovo battled for independence from Serbia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof