UN court orders retrial for former Kosovo PM
Hague: The Yugoslav war crimes tribunal
has ordered a retrial for former Kosovo PM Ramush Haradinaj,
two years after he was acquitted of murder, rape and torture
Tribunal President Patrick Robinson says the original
trial of Haradinaj and two other former commanders in the
Kosovo Liberation Army was marred by witness intimidation.
Robinson said today the trial chamber "failed to
appreciate the gravity" of the intimidation.
Judges originally threw out charges against Haradinaj for
lack of evidence.
Haradinaj showed no emotion when Robinson ordered the
Haradinaj had been charged along with Idriz Balaj and
Lahi Brahimaj with abusing Serbs or their supporters in 1998
as Kosovo battled for independence from Serbia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future