UN `regrets` Abdullah`s protest against alleged Afghan poll fraud
Kabul: In a sign of growing diplomatic concern, the United Nations voiced regret Wednesday after Afghan presidential candidate Abdullah Abdullah suspended cooperation with election authorities over alleged fraud.
"Abdullah Abdullah suspending cooperation with the IEC (Independent Election Commission) came as a surprise," UN mission spokesman Ari Gaitanis told AFP.
"We regret this step, and at the same time we will keep working with both campaigns and the election commission."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'