Universal Studios theme park opens in Singapore
Singapore: Universal Studios` new theme
park, Southeast Asia`s largest of the kind, opened its doors
to the public in Singapore on Thursday.
Droves of Singaporeans and tourists streamed in after the
park opened amid a rousing lion dance performance.
The new theme park is located on Sentosa Island, which is
connected by bridge, light rail and cable car to the main
It is part of the larger USD 4.4 billion Resorts World
Sentosa that also houses Singapore`s first casino, which
opened last month.
In terms of size, the 20-hectare park in the tiny
city-state is the smallest of the world`s four Universal
Studio theme parks. The others are Orlando, florida;
Hollywood, California; and Osaka, Japan.
It`s attractions include the "world`s tallest pair of
dueling roller casters" themed after the hit TV show
Universal Studios Singapore is divided into seven themed
zones, namely Hollywood, New York, Sci-Fi City, Ancient Egypt,
the Lost World, Madagascar and Far Far Away.
Madagascar, based on the popular animation movie of the
same name, and Far Far Away, based on the animated hit Shrek,
are the first such zones to be offered in a Universal Studio
theme park. The former features a riverboat adventure while
the latter has a castle.
The park expects to draw 4.5 million visitors in the first
year of operation while the resort as a whole projects 13
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Moved on after Twitter-spat with Irani: Priyanka Chaturvedi
- Speculation abounds over new Taliban chief`s leaked photo
- Watch video: This is just not the way this cat's humans expected it to behave on seeing a rat!
- There are 'no good or bad terrorists': Pranab Mukherjee tells Xi Jinping
- When Narendra Modi took oath of office as 15th PM of India on May 26, 2014 - Watch video