US boy dies after three years without a brain
Pueblo: A boy who survived three years without a brain has died.
Nickolas Coke, of Colorado, was born with only a brain stem, a condition known as anencephaly.
The National Centre for Biotechnology Information says most babies born with anencephaly live only a few days. The centre says it occurs in one out of 10,000 births.
Nickolas` grandmother, Sherri Kohut, tells KOAA-TV that she believes Nickolas came down with a virus. She says he had difficulty breathing on Wednesday and eventually stopped. She says three attempts to revive him failed.
Relatives say Nickolas survived without special medical equipment but required several kinds of medicine.
Kohut says Nickolas taught his family how to love and about the strength of family. She recalls him laughing as he played among pumpkins recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry