`US can overcome Iranian missile`
Washington: Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell says the military is "very confident" it could protect the United States from a potential Iranian ballistic missile strike.
A recent Defence Department report to Congress concludes that Iran could develop a missile capable of striking the United States by 2015.
Morrell told reporters on Wednesday that the US missile defence system based in California and Alaska is "sufficient to protect us from such a threat”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon