`US can overcome Iranian missile`
Washington: Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell says the military is "very confident" it could protect the United States from a potential Iranian ballistic missile strike.
A recent Defence Department report to Congress concludes that Iran could develop a missile capable of striking the United States by 2015.
Morrell told reporters on Wednesday that the US missile defence system based in California and Alaska is "sufficient to protect us from such a threat”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Building a sports culture crucial to winning medals at Olympics: Pullela Gopichand
- Maharashtra, Haryana Assemblies unanimously ratify GST Bill
- India to grow at 7.6% in FY'17, GST to boost trade, investment: RBI
- South Africa hold 372-run lead over New Zealand despite top order collapse in second innings
- Government defers mega spectrum auction by 2 days to Oct 1