US drone strike kills 3 in Pakistan`s tribal regio
Islamabad: At least three suspected militants were killed on Monday in a US drone strike in the lawless North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan, security officials said.
The CIA-operated spy planes fired four missiles at a vehicle carrying militants, the security officials were quoted as saying by TV news channels.
Three suspected militants were killed instantly. The attack took place in Khaider Khel area of Mir Ali district, 30 km from Miranshah, the main town of North Waziristan Agency.
US and Afghan officials consider the area a stronghold of Taliban and Al Qaeda elements.
Local residents told the media that they had seen several drones flying over the area at the time of the strike.
The identity of those killed in the strike could not immediately be ascertained. The Al Qaeda-linked Haqqani network is active in North Waziristan Agency.
The US has been pressuring Pakistan to take action against the group, which was involved in attacking the American Embassy in Kabul in September last year.
Pakistan opposes the drone strikes, saying they are counter-productive, against international laws and a violation of its sovereignty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog