US Embassy in Jordan warns of threat in Aqaba
Amman: The US Embassy in Jordan has warned
Americans of a "possible imminent threat" in the country`s Red
Sea port of Aqaba and has recommended avoiding the city for
the next 48 hours.
The embassy said today it has received "credible
information" of a potential terrorist attack in the Gulf of
Aqaba region. It provided no details and embassy officials
Jordanian security officials said they had no
information of a pending attack.
The embassy recommended Americans delay all
nonofficial and personal travel to Aqaba for "at least the
next 48 hours."
It also urged Americans living in Aqaba to avoid the
downtown and port areas.
Last month, a rocket struck the centre of Aqaba - the
second such attack in months - killing one Jordanian and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO