US Embassy in Jordan warns of threat in Aqaba
Amman: The US Embassy in Jordan has warned
Americans of a "possible imminent threat" in the country`s Red
Sea port of Aqaba and has recommended avoiding the city for
the next 48 hours.
The embassy said today it has received "credible
information" of a potential terrorist attack in the Gulf of
Aqaba region. It provided no details and embassy officials
Jordanian security officials said they had no
information of a pending attack.
The embassy recommended Americans delay all
nonofficial and personal travel to Aqaba for "at least the
next 48 hours."
It also urged Americans living in Aqaba to avoid the
downtown and port areas.
Last month, a rocket struck the centre of Aqaba - the
second such attack in months - killing one Jordanian and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company