US faces choice between two visions: Obama
Washington: US President Barack Obama has said that Americans are facing a stark choice between him or a return to the policies of George W Bush under Republican rival Mitt Romney.
“This election presents a choice between two fundamentally different visions – of how to stimulate growth, how to pay down our debt and most importantly how to create jobs,” Obama said.
Obama pointed out that Bush had driven the country into the financial crisis, after turning its budget surpluses into deficits and failing to stimulate job growth.
“If you want to give the policies of the last decade another try, you should vote for Mr Romney,” The Telegraph quoted him, as saying.
Obama attempted to tie Romney`s plans to those of ‘his allies in Congress’, whose ‘approval ratings are at historic lows, and who have demanded an extension to tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, refused to enact a jobs bill, and blocked investment in clean energy.’
According to the paper, Obama’s remarks came in the wake of concerns among Democrats that his claim to be overseeing green shoots of economic recovery was not resonating with struggling voters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees