US faces choice between two visions: Obama
Washington: US President Barack Obama has said that Americans are facing a stark choice between him or a return to the policies of George W Bush under Republican rival Mitt Romney.
“This election presents a choice between two fundamentally different visions – of how to stimulate growth, how to pay down our debt and most importantly how to create jobs,” Obama said.
Obama pointed out that Bush had driven the country into the financial crisis, after turning its budget surpluses into deficits and failing to stimulate job growth.
“If you want to give the policies of the last decade another try, you should vote for Mr Romney,” The Telegraph quoted him, as saying.
Obama attempted to tie Romney`s plans to those of ‘his allies in Congress’, whose ‘approval ratings are at historic lows, and who have demanded an extension to tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, refused to enact a jobs bill, and blocked investment in clean energy.’
According to the paper, Obama’s remarks came in the wake of concerns among Democrats that his claim to be overseeing green shoots of economic recovery was not resonating with struggling voters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?