US, Israel not invited to inauguration: Iran
Tehran: Iran`s Foreign Ministry says that the United States and Israel have not been invited to attend the August 4 inauguration of the country`s president-elect.
Spokesman Abbas Araghchi told a press conference today that leaders from all other countries, including Britain, have been invited to the swearing-in of Hasan Rouhani.
Araghchi had said on Sunday that all world leaders have been invited to the event, but his remarks today clarified that US leaders are not in the welcome list. Iran also doesn`t recognise Israel.
Rouhani has pledged to follow a "path of moderation." He also promised greater openness over the country`s nuclear programme, which has placed Iran at odds with the West.
Rouhani won a landslide victory in Iran`s June 14 presidential election. He replaces outgoing President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?