US, Israel not invited to inauguration: Iran
Tehran: Iran`s Foreign Ministry says that the United States and Israel have not been invited to attend the August 4 inauguration of the country`s president-elect.
Spokesman Abbas Araghchi told a press conference today that leaders from all other countries, including Britain, have been invited to the swearing-in of Hasan Rouhani.
Araghchi had said on Sunday that all world leaders have been invited to the event, but his remarks today clarified that US leaders are not in the welcome list. Iran also doesn`t recognise Israel.
Rouhani has pledged to follow a "path of moderation." He also promised greater openness over the country`s nuclear programme, which has placed Iran at odds with the West.
Rouhani won a landslide victory in Iran`s June 14 presidential election. He replaces outgoing President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown