US, Israel not invited to inauguration: Iran
Tehran: Iran`s Foreign Ministry says that the United States and Israel have not been invited to attend the August 4 inauguration of the country`s president-elect.
Spokesman Abbas Araghchi told a press conference today that leaders from all other countries, including Britain, have been invited to the swearing-in of Hasan Rouhani.
Araghchi had said on Sunday that all world leaders have been invited to the event, but his remarks today clarified that US leaders are not in the welcome list. Iran also doesn`t recognise Israel.
Rouhani has pledged to follow a "path of moderation." He also promised greater openness over the country`s nuclear programme, which has placed Iran at odds with the West.
Rouhani won a landslide victory in Iran`s June 14 presidential election. He replaces outgoing President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3