US man with 47 guns arrested after school threat
Cedar Lake (US): Authorities say an Indiana man who had 47 guns and ammunition in his home has been arrested after allegedly threatening to kill people at an elementary school near his home.
Cedar Lake police were called to the home of 60-year-old Von I Meyer early Friday after he allegedly threatened to set his wife on fire. A police statement says Meyer also said he would enter Jane Ball Elementary School and "kill as many people as he could."
Authorities found 47 guns and ammunition worth over USD 100,000.
Prosecutors filed felony intimidation charges against Meyer yesterday, one day after the massacre at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut. He is being held without bond. Cedar Lake is about 72 kilometres southeast of Chicago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military unveils new weapons after South China Sea verdict
- Pakistan PM chairs meeting on Kashmir
- Kashmir unrest: Rajnath to embark on two-day visit to Valley
- Waiting for the day Kashmir becomes part of Pakistan: Nawaz Sharif
- Must Watch: What Nawaz Sharif's daughter has to say about PML-N's victory in PoK polls