US man`s speeding excuse: I won USD 50,000 lottery!
Boston: Cops in the US made an exception for a man busted for speeding, allowing him to go without a ticket after he told them that he had just won a USD 50,000 lottery and was rushing to collect the prize.
Scott Lowe, 22, from Massachusetts was speeding to cash in his winning lottery ticket when he was pulled over.
However, The Hingham Police Officer let him go when Lowe flashed a winning lottery.
Sergeant Steven Dearth said the man was driving on Sharp Street when he was pulled over for driving at 79 kilometres per hour in a 56-km-per-hour zone, `Boston.Com` reported.
"(The officer) stopped the car, and when he walked up to the car he could see the driver was shaking at first he didn`t know what was the issue," Dearth said.
The driver told the officer he had just won the lottery for USD 50,000 and was on his way to Braintree to cash the ticket, Dearth said.
He said the officer never asked for the driver`s license, and let him go with just a spoken warning, and cautioning him to get to Braintree safely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'