US man`s speeding excuse: I won USD 50,000 lottery!
Boston: Cops in the US made an exception for a man busted for speeding, allowing him to go without a ticket after he told them that he had just won a USD 50,000 lottery and was rushing to collect the prize.
Scott Lowe, 22, from Massachusetts was speeding to cash in his winning lottery ticket when he was pulled over.
However, The Hingham Police Officer let him go when Lowe flashed a winning lottery.
Sergeant Steven Dearth said the man was driving on Sharp Street when he was pulled over for driving at 79 kilometres per hour in a 56-km-per-hour zone, `Boston.Com` reported.
"(The officer) stopped the car, and when he walked up to the car he could see the driver was shaking at first he didn`t know what was the issue," Dearth said.
The driver told the officer he had just won the lottery for USD 50,000 and was on his way to Braintree to cash the ticket, Dearth said.
He said the officer never asked for the driver`s license, and let him go with just a spoken warning, and cautioning him to get to Braintree safely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported