US man`s speeding excuse: I won USD 50,000 lottery!
Boston: Cops in the US made an exception for a man busted for speeding, allowing him to go without a ticket after he told them that he had just won a USD 50,000 lottery and was rushing to collect the prize.
Scott Lowe, 22, from Massachusetts was speeding to cash in his winning lottery ticket when he was pulled over.
However, The Hingham Police Officer let him go when Lowe flashed a winning lottery.
Sergeant Steven Dearth said the man was driving on Sharp Street when he was pulled over for driving at 79 kilometres per hour in a 56-km-per-hour zone, `Boston.Com` reported.
"(The officer) stopped the car, and when he walked up to the car he could see the driver was shaking at first he didn`t know what was the issue," Dearth said.
The driver told the officer he had just won the lottery for USD 50,000 and was on his way to Braintree to cash the ticket, Dearth said.
He said the officer never asked for the driver`s license, and let him go with just a spoken warning, and cautioning him to get to Braintree safely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH