US must continue updating Cuba policies: Obama
Miami: President Barack Obama says the US must continue updating its policies toward Cuba.
Obama, speaking in Miami, says the US has started to see changes on the island. Obama says US policy aims will remain the same but the nation must find new tools to speak out.
Obama is pointing out that he was born around the same time Fidel Castro took power. He says it doesn`t make sense that policies put in place more than 50 years ago would still be effective in the Internet age.
The US cut off diplomatic relations with Cuba in 1961 and began the economic embargo the next year.
The administration has engaged in recent discussions about migration and mail and relaxed travel and remittance rules for Cuban Americans.
Obama spoke at a Democratic fundraiser.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog