US Navy: Iranian sailor rescued, 3 bodies found
Dubai: The US Navy says it has rescued an
Iranian merchant seaman and recovered the bodies of three
others after their boat capsized during rough weather in the
US Navy vessels and helicopters called off the search
today for two remaining members of the Iranian crew because of
harsh conditions, including 30-knot winds and waves up to
eight feet (2 1/2 meters), that made chances of survival slim.
The Navy says it launched the rescue mission yesterday
after spotting a life raft with one survivor, who said their
boat went down late Friday.
The bodies of three crew members were later found.
The Navy says the survivor was transferred to an Iranian
coast guard vessel yesterday.
The US Navy`s 5th Fleet is based in Bahrain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday