US: Obama deportation plan could cost $585 mn
Washington: An internal Homeland Security document shows that the Obama administration`s plan to stop deporting young illegal immigrants and grant them temporary work permits could cost more than USD 585 million.
The document, obtained by a news agency, lays out for the first time the government`s estimates of the plan`s costs and manpower requirements.
Last month, the Obama administration announced plans to stop deporting many illegal immigrants brought to the United States as children who don`t have a criminal record or otherwise pose a security threat.
Republican lawmakers have called the policy change a "backdoor amnesty”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan