US: Obama deportation plan could cost $585 mn
Washington: An internal Homeland Security document shows that the Obama administration`s plan to stop deporting young illegal immigrants and grant them temporary work permits could cost more than USD 585 million.
The document, obtained by a news agency, lays out for the first time the government`s estimates of the plan`s costs and manpower requirements.
Last month, the Obama administration announced plans to stop deporting many illegal immigrants brought to the United States as children who don`t have a criminal record or otherwise pose a security threat.
Republican lawmakers have called the policy change a "backdoor amnesty”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'