US: Obama deportation plan could cost $585 mn
Washington: An internal Homeland Security document shows that the Obama administration`s plan to stop deporting young illegal immigrants and grant them temporary work permits could cost more than USD 585 million.
The document, obtained by a news agency, lays out for the first time the government`s estimates of the plan`s costs and manpower requirements.
Last month, the Obama administration announced plans to stop deporting many illegal immigrants brought to the United States as children who don`t have a criminal record or otherwise pose a security threat.
Republican lawmakers have called the policy change a "backdoor amnesty”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015