US: `Obama leads over Romney in Virginia`
Washington: US President Barack Obama is leading by seven points against his possible Republican rival Mitt Romney in the key battle ground state of Virginia, a new poll has said.
The poll conducted by The Washington Post yesterday, however, revealed that voters were evenly divided on key policy initiatives of the Obama administration.
Obama is ahead of his presumed Republican presidential nominee by 51 percent to 44 percent among registered voters, the daily said.
"And Romney does no better against Obama than he did in a Post poll a year ago, despite his emergence as the GOP standard-bearer," it said.
The daily says its survey shows that voters in Virginia are split over Obama`s signature healthcare reform law and they remain deeply pessimistic about the way things are going in the country, creating a potential opening for Romney.
Virginia is expected to be a battle ground state in the November Presidential Elections.
Obama, who was the first Democrat to capture Virginia in four decades, is kicking off his election campaign from there on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog