US police officer shot at in MIT University campus
Boston: A police officer was shot at in the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) campus Thursday night, authorities said.
MIT reported on its website that gunshots were reported late in the night on campus, and police said a MIT police officer has been shot.
According to MIT, gunshots were reported at 10.48 p.m. near Building 32.
Media quoted police as saying an MIT police officer has been shot with life threatening injuries.
Authorities investigating an "active shooter incident".
The school advised students and faculty to stay indoors and away from the building and surrounding area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Confusion prevails over surrender of top aide of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander in Kashmir
- NASA to make second attempt to inflate expandable habitat on ISS
- SpaceX makes third rocket landing on droneship
- Myntra makes comeback with desktop website
- Live performance: Bollywood star Farhan Akhtar ready to fly in Chicago!