US police officer shot at in MIT University campus
Boston: A police officer was shot at in the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) campus Thursday night, authorities said.
MIT reported on its website that gunshots were reported late in the night on campus, and police said a MIT police officer has been shot.
According to MIT, gunshots were reported at 10.48 p.m. near Building 32.
Media quoted police as saying an MIT police officer has been shot with life threatening injuries.
Authorities investigating an "active shooter incident".
The school advised students and faculty to stay indoors and away from the building and surrounding area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP