US police officer shot at in MIT University campus
Boston: A police officer was shot at in the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) campus Thursday night, authorities said.
MIT reported on its website that gunshots were reported late in the night on campus, and police said a MIT police officer has been shot.
According to MIT, gunshots were reported at 10.48 p.m. near Building 32.
Media quoted police as saying an MIT police officer has been shot with life threatening injuries.
Authorities investigating an "active shooter incident".
The school advised students and faculty to stay indoors and away from the building and surrounding area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state