US police officer shot at in MIT University campus
Boston: A police officer was shot at in the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) campus Thursday night, authorities said.
MIT reported on its website that gunshots were reported late in the night on campus, and police said a MIT police officer has been shot.
According to MIT, gunshots were reported at 10.48 p.m. near Building 32.
Media quoted police as saying an MIT police officer has been shot with life threatening injuries.
Authorities investigating an "active shooter incident".
The school advised students and faculty to stay indoors and away from the building and surrounding area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!