US police officer shot at in MIT University campus
Boston: A police officer was shot at in the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) campus Thursday night, authorities said.
MIT reported on its website that gunshots were reported late in the night on campus, and police said a MIT police officer has been shot.
According to MIT, gunshots were reported at 10.48 p.m. near Building 32.
Media quoted police as saying an MIT police officer has been shot with life threatening injuries.
Authorities investigating an "active shooter incident".
The school advised students and faculty to stay indoors and away from the building and surrounding area.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata