US should recognise growing power of China: Albright
Washington: Former US secretary of state Madeleine Albright has said that America should recognise the growing power of China as the Communist state is expanding economically internally in ways.
"I think that it is incumbent upon us to recognise the growing power of China. They are really expanding economically internally in ways," she told the Bloomberg news in an interview.
"Every time I go to China, it just blows your mind. I mean they are really moving in many different ways," said Albright, who recently visited China.
"I think that we don`t get anywhere ordering them around. I really do think that there has to be more discussions and a way of seeing that we have in common the fact that we want the international economic system to work," Albright observed.
Referring to the recent visit of Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner to China, she said: "There are more discussions about how to operate together. My sense from being there just now is we don`t get anywhere by saying, my way or the highway. I feel that way from my personal conversations."
Responding to a question on Iran, Albright said she believes that the Chinese are going to be part of the discussion.
"I was just in China and I say it was a discussion about their programmes. I think that there is a sense that this is an international problem. The fact that the Chinese are going to be a part of the discussions and the Russians I think the US is going to have to push for tough sanctions," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video