US should recognise growing power of China: Albright
Washington: Former US secretary of state Madeleine Albright has said that America should recognise the growing power of China as the Communist state is expanding economically internally in ways.
"I think that it is incumbent upon us to recognise the growing power of China. They are really expanding economically internally in ways," she told the Bloomberg news in an interview.
"Every time I go to China, it just blows your mind. I mean they are really moving in many different ways," said Albright, who recently visited China.
"I think that we don`t get anywhere ordering them around. I really do think that there has to be more discussions and a way of seeing that we have in common the fact that we want the international economic system to work," Albright observed.
Referring to the recent visit of Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner to China, she said: "There are more discussions about how to operate together. My sense from being there just now is we don`t get anywhere by saying, my way or the highway. I feel that way from my personal conversations."
Responding to a question on Iran, Albright said she believes that the Chinese are going to be part of the discussion.
"I was just in China and I say it was a discussion about their programmes. I think that there is a sense that this is an international problem. The fact that the Chinese are going to be a part of the discussions and the Russians I think the US is going to have to push for tough sanctions," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi