US student held for threatening to bring gun to school
Washington: An 11-year-old school student in the US state of Texas has been arrested after he allegedly threatened to bring a gun to school, media reports said on Friday.
The fifth-grade student at Rogers Middle School in Pearland city was arrested on Thursday after he made the threat on Wednesday following an argument with a classmate, Xinhua cited the Houston Chronicle as saying.
The student did not come to school on Thursday, said Kim Hocott, spokeswoman for Pearland Independent School District, adding that no weapon was brought to school.
Police increased their presence at the school on Thursday, and officials said they were taking "appropriate measures to discipline the student".
"Our top priority is maintaining a safe and secure educational environment for our students, and we immediately investigate rumours connected to their safety," Hocott said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Sunil Munjal to step down from Hero MotoCorp Board on August 16
- 'Munnabhai' third part delayed due to Sanjay Dutt biopic: Arshad Warsi
- Companies likely to raise about $75 bn through issuance of green bonds in 2016
- Mayawati slur row: No relief for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh from Allahabad HC
- OMG! 'Naagin' Mouni Roy has a doppelganger in another TV actress—Picture proof inside