US student held for threatening to bring gun to school
Washington: An 11-year-old school student in the US state of Texas has been arrested after he allegedly threatened to bring a gun to school, media reports said on Friday.
The fifth-grade student at Rogers Middle School in Pearland city was arrested on Thursday after he made the threat on Wednesday following an argument with a classmate, Xinhua cited the Houston Chronicle as saying.
The student did not come to school on Thursday, said Kim Hocott, spokeswoman for Pearland Independent School District, adding that no weapon was brought to school.
Police increased their presence at the school on Thursday, and officials said they were taking "appropriate measures to discipline the student".
"Our top priority is maintaining a safe and secure educational environment for our students, and we immediately investigate rumours connected to their safety," Hocott said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire