US student held for threatening to bring gun to school
Washington: An 11-year-old school student in the US state of Texas has been arrested after he allegedly threatened to bring a gun to school, media reports said on Friday.
The fifth-grade student at Rogers Middle School in Pearland city was arrested on Thursday after he made the threat on Wednesday following an argument with a classmate, Xinhua cited the Houston Chronicle as saying.
The student did not come to school on Thursday, said Kim Hocott, spokeswoman for Pearland Independent School District, adding that no weapon was brought to school.
Police increased their presence at the school on Thursday, and officials said they were taking "appropriate measures to discipline the student".
"Our top priority is maintaining a safe and secure educational environment for our students, and we immediately investigate rumours connected to their safety," Hocott said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir