US to use Facebook, Twitter to issue terror alerts
Washington: The US government`s colour-
coded warning system is being replaced with a more specific
and informative plan that would offer two levels of alerts --
elevated and imminent.
According to a draft Homeland Security Department plan
obtained by The Associated Press, the public could see the
warnings on Facebook and Twitter.
The colour-coded system has been one of the
government`s most visible counter-terrorism tools since the
September 11, 2001 attacks.
The government`s terror warnings could be withheld
from the public entirely if announcing a threat would risk
exposing an intelligence operation or a current investigation,
according to the government`s confidential plan. The new
system is expected to be in place by April 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- National Anthem disrespect: Farooq Abdullah offers apology, says 'sorry, if I offended anyone'
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Chidambaram wonders if Modi govt 'deserves' RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan