US to use Facebook, Twitter to issue terror alerts
Washington: The US government`s colour-
coded warning system is being replaced with a more specific
and informative plan that would offer two levels of alerts --
elevated and imminent.
According to a draft Homeland Security Department plan
obtained by The Associated Press, the public could see the
warnings on Facebook and Twitter.
The colour-coded system has been one of the
government`s most visible counter-terrorism tools since the
September 11, 2001 attacks.
The government`s terror warnings could be withheld
from the public entirely if announcing a threat would risk
exposing an intelligence operation or a current investigation,
according to the government`s confidential plan. The new
system is expected to be in place by April 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan