US Treasure hunt for girlfriend prompts bomb scare
St George: A bomb squad thought a package marked "Army" was suspicious, but it was just part of an elaborate plan by a guy trying to ask a girl to a dance.
St George police rushed to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints temple on Saturday after the package was placed near a gazebo.
Surrounding streets were closed as a precaution. The investigation ended, however, when officers were told the package was part of a treasure hunt, and contained candy and a note asking a girl to a dance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi
- Radical changes! Two-division Tests and One-Day League on ICC agenda
- Pampore encounter: Mufti, Nirmal Singh attend wreath laying ceremony