US used 9/11 as excuse to start wars: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: The Iranian President says the United States used the September 11 attacks as an excuse for launching wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says the attacks were a "complicated, designed game" to affect people`s emotions and pave way for the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq.
He also says US launched those wars to solve its own economic problems. Ahmadinejad`s remarks appeared on Iranian state TV`s website on Sunday.
The Iranian leader has repeatedly questioned the official version of the events surrounding the September 11 attacks, calling it a "big lie”.
In 2010, New York turned down his request to visit the World Trade Centre site to pay respects to the victims of the terrorist attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?