US used 9/11 as excuse to start wars: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: The Iranian President says the United States used the September 11 attacks as an excuse for launching wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says the attacks were a "complicated, designed game" to affect people`s emotions and pave way for the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq.
He also says US launched those wars to solve its own economic problems. Ahmadinejad`s remarks appeared on Iranian state TV`s website on Sunday.
The Iranian leader has repeatedly questioned the official version of the events surrounding the September 11 attacks, calling it a "big lie”.
In 2010, New York turned down his request to visit the World Trade Centre site to pay respects to the victims of the terrorist attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore