US used 9/11 as excuse to start wars: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: The Iranian President says the United States used the September 11 attacks as an excuse for launching wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says the attacks were a "complicated, designed game" to affect people`s emotions and pave way for the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq.
He also says US launched those wars to solve its own economic problems. Ahmadinejad`s remarks appeared on Iranian state TV`s website on Sunday.
The Iranian leader has repeatedly questioned the official version of the events surrounding the September 11 attacks, calling it a "big lie”.
In 2010, New York turned down his request to visit the World Trade Centre site to pay respects to the victims of the terrorist attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MONSTROUS! When Brock Lesnar destroyed two opponents and a Cadillac
- Hillary Clinton's speech at Democratic presidential nomination - Watch video
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares mesmerising video of Newfoundland from space
- Obesity, smoking may up poor life quality in lung disease patients
- Amitabh Bachchan calls for educating Aanganwadis about Hepatitis