US used 9/11 as excuse to start wars: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: The Iranian President says the United States used the September 11 attacks as an excuse for launching wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says the attacks were a "complicated, designed game" to affect people`s emotions and pave way for the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq.
He also says US launched those wars to solve its own economic problems. Ahmadinejad`s remarks appeared on Iranian state TV`s website on Sunday.
The Iranian leader has repeatedly questioned the official version of the events surrounding the September 11 attacks, calling it a "big lie”.
In 2010, New York turned down his request to visit the World Trade Centre site to pay respects to the victims of the terrorist attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees