US vexed by Israeli move on settlements: Officials
Washington: The United States is planning to
express its disappointment with Israel`s decision to
accelerate settlement construction in east Jerusalem and the
West Bank in retaliation for the Palestinians winning
membership from the United Nation`s cultural organisation.
Two US officials say the Obama administration intends to
make that position clear on today.
The administration is trying to determine how to deal
with actions by both sides that it considers detrimental to
restarting peace talks.
The US officials spoke on condition of anonymity to
discuss the administration`s thinking before the release of
Israel is accelerating housing construction in both east
Jerusalem, which the Palestinians see as their capital, and
the West Bank.
The US opposes Israeli settlement activity as well as the
Palestinians` bid for membership in UN organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack