US vexed by Israeli move on settlements: Officials
Washington: The United States is planning to
express its disappointment with Israel`s decision to
accelerate settlement construction in east Jerusalem and the
West Bank in retaliation for the Palestinians winning
membership from the United Nation`s cultural organisation.
Two US officials say the Obama administration intends to
make that position clear on today.
The administration is trying to determine how to deal
with actions by both sides that it considers detrimental to
restarting peace talks.
The US officials spoke on condition of anonymity to
discuss the administration`s thinking before the release of
Israel is accelerating housing construction in both east
Jerusalem, which the Palestinians see as their capital, and
the West Bank.
The US opposes Israeli settlement activity as well as the
Palestinians` bid for membership in UN organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees