US vexed by Israeli move on settlements: Officials
Washington: The United States is planning to
express its disappointment with Israel`s decision to
accelerate settlement construction in east Jerusalem and the
West Bank in retaliation for the Palestinians winning
membership from the United Nation`s cultural organisation.
Two US officials say the Obama administration intends to
make that position clear on today.
The administration is trying to determine how to deal
with actions by both sides that it considers detrimental to
restarting peace talks.
The US officials spoke on condition of anonymity to
discuss the administration`s thinking before the release of
Israel is accelerating housing construction in both east
Jerusalem, which the Palestinians see as their capital, and
the West Bank.
The US opposes Israeli settlement activity as well as the
Palestinians` bid for membership in UN organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics