`US won`t allow India, others to grab its clean energy jobs`
Washington: Intensifying his campaign
against outsourcing, President Barack Obama has said he would
not allow the US to be relegated to "second position" in clean
energy sector jobs in the wake of tough competition from
countries like India, China and Germany.
"Together we`re jump-starting a new American clean-energy
industry, an industry with the potential to generate perhaps
millions of jobs, building wind turbines and solar panels and
manufacturing the batteries for the cars of the future...
developing clean-coal technology," he said.
"There are other countries that are fighting for those
jobs in China and India and in Germany and other parts of
Europe. But the US doesn`t play for second place. As long as
I`m President, I`m going to keep fighting night and day to
make sure that we win those jobs," Obama said in his address
to the AFL-CIO.
In a strong message to US` competitors "who`ve tried to
block our progress at every step of the way", Obama said that
"we are going to rebuild this economy stronger than before.
And at the heart of it are going to be three powerful words:
Made in America."
On importance of manufacturing, Obama said "for
generations, manufacturing was the ticket to a better
life for the American worker. But as the world became smaller,
outsourcing, an easier way to increase profits, a lot of those
jobs shifted to low-wage nations."
"We want an economy that rewards once again people who
work hard and fulfil their responsibilities, not just people
who game the system...As we rebuild our economy, we`re going
to rebuild America as well," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says