US won’t cut aid to Egypt in wake of protests
Washington: The Obama administration has decided not to cut off Egyptian aid, despite calls for ending monetary assistance to the Islamic nation in the wake of an attack on the US embassy.
When asked on Air Force One, if the United States would withhold aid, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said simply, ‘No`.
According to Politico, Carney also said the partnership with Egypt continues as the country transitions into democracy.
His remarks came after US President Barack Obama said during an interview that Egypt was neither an ally nor an enemy.
According to the report, some Republicans are calling to ban foreign aid to Egypt and Libya.
The demand came after four Americans were killed in a recent attack on a US diplomatic mission in Libya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf