US won’t cut aid to Egypt in wake of protests
Washington: The Obama administration has decided not to cut off Egyptian aid, despite calls for ending monetary assistance to the Islamic nation in the wake of an attack on the US embassy.
When asked on Air Force One, if the United States would withhold aid, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said simply, ‘No`.
According to Politico, Carney also said the partnership with Egypt continues as the country transitions into democracy.
His remarks came after US President Barack Obama said during an interview that Egypt was neither an ally nor an enemy.
According to the report, some Republicans are calling to ban foreign aid to Egypt and Libya.
The demand came after four Americans were killed in a recent attack on a US diplomatic mission in Libya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand