Washington Navy Yard shooting: Obama to honour victims at memorial Sunday
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: In order to mourn and honour those killed in Washington Navy Yard shooting, US President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama will attend a memorial service on Sunday.
Calling the massacre a “ritual”, Obama said earlier it was urgent to revive gun control measures in order to check the shooting incidents.
Details of the venue and time o the memorial were not out yet.
In a statement, White House spokesperson Jay Carney said Obama wanted to “mourn the loss of these innocent victims and share in the nation`s pain in the aftermath of another senseless mass shooting".
The First Lady had yesterday expressed her "sincere heartbreak” over the shooting saying, "The men and women who lost their lives devoted their careers to protecting our country."
A dozen people were killed when a US Navy contractor named Aaron Alexis went on a shooting rampage inside a building in Washington Navy Yard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Irresistibly handsome as always – Check out Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in brand new ‘Mohenjo Daro’ poster
- Dia Mirza directs film on tigers, nature conservation
- G2A Direct gaming platform launching in India today
- Bill Cosby drops breach Of contract lawsuit against accuser
- Tiger Shroff writes to Government to protect tigers