Washington Navy Yard shooting: Obama to honour victims at memorial Sunday
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: In order to mourn and honour those killed in Washington Navy Yard shooting, US President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama will attend a memorial service on Sunday.
Calling the massacre a “ritual”, Obama said earlier it was urgent to revive gun control measures in order to check the shooting incidents.
Details of the venue and time o the memorial were not out yet.
In a statement, White House spokesperson Jay Carney said Obama wanted to “mourn the loss of these innocent victims and share in the nation`s pain in the aftermath of another senseless mass shooting".
The First Lady had yesterday expressed her "sincere heartbreak” over the shooting saying, "The men and women who lost their lives devoted their careers to protecting our country."
A dozen people were killed when a US Navy contractor named Aaron Alexis went on a shooting rampage inside a building in Washington Navy Yard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price