WikiLeaks to release CIA paper today
Stockholm: WikiLeaks is preparing to
release a leaked CIA paper sometime Wednesday, the whistleblower
"WikiLeaks to release CIA paper tomorrow," it said in a
Tweet late yesterday also posted on its website, which is
already locked in a dispute with the Pentagon over the leaking
secret military documents on the Afghan war.
It published nearly 77,000 classified US military
documents on the war in Afghanistan on July 23 and has said it
will publish another 15,000 within the next couple of weeks.
The site, which has also previously leaked information
leading to shocking revelations in places ranging from Iraq to
Iceland, did not provide any further details about the CIA
paper it planned to release.
WikiLeaks has been heavily criticised by US authorities
and others for endangering lives with the Afghan leaks, and
the site`s founder Julian Assange has claimed the Pentagon
could be orchestrating a smear campaign against him.
The 39-year-old Australian was at the weekend caught up
in a media storm after Swedish prosecutors issued a warrant
for his arrest on suspicion of rape, only to retract the order
Authorities are still, however, investigating a
separate claim of molestation against Assange, and the former
hacker has reportedly hired one of Sweden`s top defence
attorneys ahead of a looming decision by prosecutors about
whether he will be prosecuted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir