William and Kate to honeymoon in Seychelles
London: Prince William and his wife Kate will honeymoon at a luxury villa on an island in the Seychelles, according to Monday`s Daily Mail newspaper.
The newly-weds delayed their honeymoon, but will jet out later this month to spend ten days at a £4,000 ($6,700, 4,500 euros) a night retreat in the Indian Ocean archipelago, the British paper reported.
The 28-year-old prince`s protection officers reportedly visited the top-secret location to assess its suitability and were satisfied that the isolated resort would offer the required privacy.
The luxury wooden villa comes complete with an open-air bathroom, a private garden, a freshwater rock pool and a personal butler and chef.
A private jet will fly the newly-titled Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to the main island from where they will take a helicopter to the unnamed holiday hideaway, the paper claimed.
William, who is a search and rescue helicopter pilot at a Royal Air Force station in the Welsh island of Anglesey, was forced to split the annual leave needed for the wedding and honeymoon and is due back at work on Tuesday.
A helicopter carried the couple away from Buckingham Palace on Saturday, a day after the wedding which was watched by an estimated two billion people worldwide, to an undisclosed British location for a "mini-moon".
The royal family is thought to be prepared to take legal action to prevent any media outlet attempting to disrupt the couple`s main trip.
Meanwhile, The Sun reported that William was to travel to the Falkland Islands in September where he will serve for ten weeks without his wife.
The south Atlantic island group was the scene of a war between Britain and Argentina in 1982.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video