Won`t let Gaza rockets continue, says Israel
Jerusalem: Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Yaalon says the military will not sit back while Palestinian militants attack southern Israel from Gaza.
Yaalon`s remarks today came as two new rockets from the coastal territory exploded at an Israeli border town without injuries, according to police.
"We will not in any way allow a routine of rocket fire steadily dripping on our civilians and soldiers," Yaalon said in a statement.
Hours earlier, Israel struck targets in Gaza in response to Palestinian rocket attacks.
It was the first time Israel retaliated for Gaza rocket fire since an informal cease-fire ended eight days of cross-border fighting between Israel and the Hamas-ruled territory in November.
Palestinians in Gaza have fired several rockets since an informal cease-fire took hold after the fighting. One hit Israel yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls