Won`t let Gaza rockets continue, says Israel
Jerusalem: Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Yaalon says the military will not sit back while Palestinian militants attack southern Israel from Gaza.
Yaalon`s remarks today came as two new rockets from the coastal territory exploded at an Israeli border town without injuries, according to police.
"We will not in any way allow a routine of rocket fire steadily dripping on our civilians and soldiers," Yaalon said in a statement.
Hours earlier, Israel struck targets in Gaza in response to Palestinian rocket attacks.
It was the first time Israel retaliated for Gaza rocket fire since an informal cease-fire ended eight days of cross-border fighting between Israel and the Hamas-ruled territory in November.
Palestinians in Gaza have fired several rockets since an informal cease-fire took hold after the fighting. One hit Israel yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Trupti Desai enters Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai; says happy that no one objected us
- Turkish bombardment kills 35 civilians in Syria: Monitor
- 'China will get involved if India foments trouble in Balochistan'
- Leander Paes-Andre Begemann squander five match points to lose Salem ATP final
- Stocks to react to Fed chair's speech; macroeconomic data eyed