Won`t let Gaza rockets continue, says Israel
Jerusalem: Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Yaalon says the military will not sit back while Palestinian militants attack southern Israel from Gaza.
Yaalon`s remarks today came as two new rockets from the coastal territory exploded at an Israeli border town without injuries, according to police.
"We will not in any way allow a routine of rocket fire steadily dripping on our civilians and soldiers," Yaalon said in a statement.
Hours earlier, Israel struck targets in Gaza in response to Palestinian rocket attacks.
It was the first time Israel retaliated for Gaza rocket fire since an informal cease-fire ended eight days of cross-border fighting between Israel and the Hamas-ruled territory in November.
Palestinians in Gaza have fired several rockets since an informal cease-fire took hold after the fighting. One hit Israel yesterday.
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow