Won`t let Gaza rockets continue, says Israel
Jerusalem: Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Yaalon says the military will not sit back while Palestinian militants attack southern Israel from Gaza.
Yaalon`s remarks today came as two new rockets from the coastal territory exploded at an Israeli border town without injuries, according to police.
"We will not in any way allow a routine of rocket fire steadily dripping on our civilians and soldiers," Yaalon said in a statement.
Hours earlier, Israel struck targets in Gaza in response to Palestinian rocket attacks.
It was the first time Israel retaliated for Gaza rocket fire since an informal cease-fire ended eight days of cross-border fighting between Israel and the Hamas-ruled territory in November.
Palestinians in Gaza have fired several rockets since an informal cease-fire took hold after the fighting. One hit Israel yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump