Won`t let Gaza rockets continue, says Israel
Jerusalem: Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Yaalon says the military will not sit back while Palestinian militants attack southern Israel from Gaza.
Yaalon`s remarks today came as two new rockets from the coastal territory exploded at an Israeli border town without injuries, according to police.
"We will not in any way allow a routine of rocket fire steadily dripping on our civilians and soldiers," Yaalon said in a statement.
Hours earlier, Israel struck targets in Gaza in response to Palestinian rocket attacks.
It was the first time Israel retaliated for Gaza rocket fire since an informal cease-fire ended eight days of cross-border fighting between Israel and the Hamas-ruled territory in November.
Palestinians in Gaza have fired several rockets since an informal cease-fire took hold after the fighting. One hit Israel yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users