Yasser Arafat was poisoned, says doctor
Ramallah: Former Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat died after consuming an unknown poison, a Jordanian doctor claimed on Thursday.
Arafat`s medical reports suggest that he was poisoned by a toxic substance, but it was not examined at that time, Xinhua quoted Abdullah al-Basheer as saying.
Al-Basheer, who launched an inquiry into the case, was speaking to reporters in West Bank.
Mahmoud Abbas, Arafat`s successor, ordered a probe after al-Jazeera TV concluded in an investigative report that Arafat was poisoned with radioactive polonium.
To confirm the report, Arafat`s body needs to be exhumed for tests. The Palestinian leadership said it is ready to dig up Arafat`s remains for the probe.
Arafat died at a French hospital near Paris, three weeks after he was airlifted from his West Bank headquarters, where he spent his last two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Primordial black holes and dark matter are linked: NASA
- Check UBSE / UEEB 10th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 announced
- Check UBSE / UEEB 12th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 12th Exam Results 2016 declared
- FSSAI probing 'cancer-causing bread' issue, may ban harmful food additives
- Afghan Taliban confirms death of Mansour, names Haibatullah Akhundzada as new leader