Yazidi MP wounded in helicopter crash on Mount Sinjar
Kirkuk: An Iraqi lawmaker who helped bring attention to the plight of besieged members of her Yazidi community was wounded Tuesday in the crash of a helicopter delivering aid, officers said.
The pilot was killed when the chopper, overloaded with rescued Yazidis, crashed during takeoff on Mount Sinjar, two senior army officers said.
A New York Times journalist also sustained non-life threatening injuries in the crash, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!