Yazidi MP wounded in helicopter crash on Mount Sinjar
Kirkuk: An Iraqi lawmaker who helped bring attention to the plight of besieged members of her Yazidi community was wounded Tuesday in the crash of a helicopter delivering aid, officers said.
The pilot was killed when the chopper, overloaded with rescued Yazidis, crashed during takeoff on Mount Sinjar, two senior army officers said.
A New York Times journalist also sustained non-life threatening injuries in the crash, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'