Yemen puts $100,000 reward for 8 al Qaeda men
Sanaa: Yemen`s interior ministry has offered a reward of $100,000 for providing information about eight militants linked to Al Qaeda, state media reported.
According to official Saba news agency, the ministry has announced the name of the all eight wanted terrorists and sought help from people to arrest them, Xinhua reported.
Meanwhile, the ministry said security authorities at Sanaa International Airport arrested an Al Qaeda man accused of providing financial assistance to the terrorist group in Yemen.
In a statement posted on its website, the ministry identified the suspect as 33-year-old Saleh M. H. al-Raimy, who was on the black list for funding the Yemen-based Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP). He was arrested Friday upon his arrival from Saudi Arabia.
Yemen, the ancestral homeland of Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, stepped up crackdown against terrorist groups after an Al Qaeda wing claimed credit for a failed Christmas Day attempt to blow up a US plane bound for Detroit last December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'