8 witnesses summoned in fake passport case involving Salem
Hyderabad: A Special CBI Court on Friday
summoned eight witnesses on May 31 for their examination
against underworld don Abu Salem in a fake passport case.
The court, which has so far recorded the statements of
31 witnesses and marked 41 documents, issued summons to eight
witnesses, including some investigating officials, on the
request of CBI and posted the case to May 31.
The court here will also hear, on the same date, a
petition by the CBI which sought to produce four more
witnesses in the nearly eight-year-old case.
Meanwhile, Salem, who was supposed to be brought from
a prison in Mumbai, did not appear before the court today
citing health reasons.
Earlier, CBI Inspector B Shanker Rao, the 31st
prosecution witness and the first investigating official to be
examined by the court, said he registered a case on September
20, 2002 against Salem and others.
In his deposition, the CBI official said he had also
collected original passport application of Ramil Kamil Malik,
whose name Salem allegedly impersonated and obtained the
passport, besides recording the statements of some witnesses.
The trial against the gangster, extradited in 2005
from Portugal, for obtaining a passport in fictitious name in
2001 from Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh began on June 18
last after CBI filed a case against Salem and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks