Acid attack on female college student to withdraw complaint
Anantapuram: A female undergraduate college student was attacked with acid here on Monday after she refused to withdraw a police case filed against her former suitor for allegedly making false promises to marry her.
The victim, who sustained acid burn injuries all over her body except face, was admitted to hospital by local autorickshaw drivers. Police has registered a case against the offender, who is from Muddigubba mandal.
She had filed a police complaint against the alleged culprit, one Raghava, for falsely promising to marry her but later wedded another woman.
Allegedly, Raghava used to harass her frequently to withdraw her complaint, which she refused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi