Acid attack on female college student to withdraw complaint
Anantapuram: A female undergraduate college student was attacked with acid here on Monday after she refused to withdraw a police case filed against her former suitor for allegedly making false promises to marry her.
The victim, who sustained acid burn injuries all over her body except face, was admitted to hospital by local autorickshaw drivers. Police has registered a case against the offender, who is from Muddigubba mandal.
She had filed a police complaint against the alleged culprit, one Raghava, for falsely promising to marry her but later wedded another woman.
Allegedly, Raghava used to harass her frequently to withdraw her complaint, which she refused.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata