Andhra Assembly admits notices for no-confidence motion
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Assembly Speaker N Manohar on Friday admitted the notices for no-confidence motion given by TRS and YSR Congress Party against the Congress-led state government.
Having found the notices in order, the Speaker took a head count on the motion moved by TRS Legislature Party leader E Rajender.
Forty-five members comprising the MLAs of TRS, YSRCP, BJP, CPI and others stood up in favour of it.
The no-confidence motion needs the support of at least 30 members to be taken up for debate.
The Speaker then adjourned the House to enable the Business Advisory Committee (BAC) to meet and take up the matter.
The TRS and YSRCP have moved the no-confidence motion over the Telangana issue, power crisis and other problems of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui