Andhra Assembly admits notices for no-confidence motion
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Assembly Speaker N Manohar on Friday admitted the notices for no-confidence motion given by TRS and YSR Congress Party against the Congress-led state government.
Having found the notices in order, the Speaker took a head count on the motion moved by TRS Legislature Party leader E Rajender.
Forty-five members comprising the MLAs of TRS, YSRCP, BJP, CPI and others stood up in favour of it.
The no-confidence motion needs the support of at least 30 members to be taken up for debate.
The Speaker then adjourned the House to enable the Business Advisory Committee (BAC) to meet and take up the matter.
The TRS and YSRCP have moved the no-confidence motion over the Telangana issue, power crisis and other problems of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed