Andhra Assembly passes Bill amid disruptions over state division
Hyderabad: Amid slogan-shouting by TRS and other members in support of separate statehood demand, the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly on Wednesday passed a Bill and conducted other official business.
The TRS members went into the Well of House and raised slogans in support of separate Telangana as soon as the day began.
After his appeals went unheeded, Speaker N Manohar adjourned the House for an hour. However, it was the same scene after the House re-assembled.
A number of ruling Congress members from Telangana region also trooped in the Well of the House.
As the slogan shouting continued, Finance Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy read out the agenda and `The Andhra Pradesh Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management (Amendment) Bill, 2013` was passed.
Other items in the agenda like granting demands for vote on account 2014-15 and supplementary estimates 2013-14 were also done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi