Andhra Assembly passes Bill amid disruptions over state division
Hyderabad: Amid slogan-shouting by TRS and other members in support of separate statehood demand, the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly on Wednesday passed a Bill and conducted other official business.
The TRS members went into the Well of House and raised slogans in support of separate Telangana as soon as the day began.
After his appeals went unheeded, Speaker N Manohar adjourned the House for an hour. However, it was the same scene after the House re-assembled.
A number of ruling Congress members from Telangana region also trooped in the Well of the House.
As the slogan shouting continued, Finance Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy read out the agenda and `The Andhra Pradesh Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management (Amendment) Bill, 2013` was passed.
Other items in the agenda like granting demands for vote on account 2014-15 and supplementary estimates 2013-14 were also done.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'