Andhra Assembly passes Bill amid disruptions over state division
Hyderabad: Amid slogan-shouting by TRS and other members in support of separate statehood demand, the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly on Wednesday passed a Bill and conducted other official business.
The TRS members went into the Well of House and raised slogans in support of separate Telangana as soon as the day began.
After his appeals went unheeded, Speaker N Manohar adjourned the House for an hour. However, it was the same scene after the House re-assembled.
A number of ruling Congress members from Telangana region also trooped in the Well of the House.
As the slogan shouting continued, Finance Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy read out the agenda and `The Andhra Pradesh Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management (Amendment) Bill, 2013` was passed.
Other items in the agenda like granting demands for vote on account 2014-15 and supplementary estimates 2013-14 were also done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof