Andhra Assembly passes Bill amid disruptions over state division
Hyderabad: Amid slogan-shouting by TRS and other members in support of separate statehood demand, the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly on Wednesday passed a Bill and conducted other official business.
The TRS members went into the Well of House and raised slogans in support of separate Telangana as soon as the day began.
After his appeals went unheeded, Speaker N Manohar adjourned the House for an hour. However, it was the same scene after the House re-assembled.
A number of ruling Congress members from Telangana region also trooped in the Well of the House.
As the slogan shouting continued, Finance Minister Anam Ramanarayana Reddy read out the agenda and `The Andhra Pradesh Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management (Amendment) Bill, 2013` was passed.
Other items in the agenda like granting demands for vote on account 2014-15 and supplementary estimates 2013-14 were also done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI — As it happened...
- Special session of Goa Assembly to ratify GST on August 31
- Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing to discuss North Korean missile test