Andhra Assembly remains paralysed over Telangana
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh state legislative Assembly remained paralysed for the fourth consecutive day on Friday with Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) members stalling the proceedings, demanding adoption of a resolution for formation of Telangana state.
Speaker N Manohar adjourned the house twice since morning as TRS insisted that the house pass a resolution on Telangana.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Communist Party of India (CPI) also supported the demand.
As soon as the house assembled for the day, the speaker rejected the adjournment motions moved by the opposition parties.
The main opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP) wanted a debate on fee re-imbursement.
The TRS legislators, who moved the adjournment motion on the Telangana resolution, rushed to the speaker`s podium.
They raised slogans of `Jai Telangana` and did not allow the chair to conduct the proceedings. The speaker adjourned the house for an hour.
When the house re-assembled there was no let up in the TRS protest for the resolution.
The speaker`s repeated appeals to the legislators to resume their seats and allow the house to take up debate on electricity problem, yielded no response. Amid the din, the speaker adjourned the house for one hour.
The brief monsoon session is ending Saturday and the TDP and other opposition parties are agitated as not a single issue came up for debate during last four days.
The TDP wanted to raise the issues of severe electricity shortage, corruption charges against ministers, drought-like situation, problems of farmers and fee reimbursement for poor students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Vijay Mallya PMLA case: ED to invoke India-UK MLAT for extradition
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 1: RCB vs GL - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- BJP govt cannot turn a blind eye to illegal immigration in Assam: RSS
- CBSE announces results of Central Teacher Eligibility Test
- PM Modi gifts Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei reproduction of rare Quran manuscript