Andhra Assembly remains paralysed over Telangana
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh state legislative Assembly remained paralysed for the fourth consecutive day on Friday with Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) members stalling the proceedings, demanding adoption of a resolution for formation of Telangana state.
Speaker N Manohar adjourned the house twice since morning as TRS insisted that the house pass a resolution on Telangana.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Communist Party of India (CPI) also supported the demand.
As soon as the house assembled for the day, the speaker rejected the adjournment motions moved by the opposition parties.
The main opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP) wanted a debate on fee re-imbursement.
The TRS legislators, who moved the adjournment motion on the Telangana resolution, rushed to the speaker`s podium.
They raised slogans of `Jai Telangana` and did not allow the chair to conduct the proceedings. The speaker adjourned the house for an hour.
When the house re-assembled there was no let up in the TRS protest for the resolution.
The speaker`s repeated appeals to the legislators to resume their seats and allow the house to take up debate on electricity problem, yielded no response. Amid the din, the speaker adjourned the house for one hour.
The brief monsoon session is ending Saturday and the TDP and other opposition parties are agitated as not a single issue came up for debate during last four days.
The TDP wanted to raise the issues of severe electricity shortage, corruption charges against ministers, drought-like situation, problems of farmers and fee reimbursement for poor students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth