Andhra Assembly remains paralysed over Telangana
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh state legislative Assembly remained paralysed for the fourth consecutive day on Friday with Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) members stalling the proceedings, demanding adoption of a resolution for formation of Telangana state.
Speaker N Manohar adjourned the house twice since morning as TRS insisted that the house pass a resolution on Telangana.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Communist Party of India (CPI) also supported the demand.
As soon as the house assembled for the day, the speaker rejected the adjournment motions moved by the opposition parties.
The main opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP) wanted a debate on fee re-imbursement.
The TRS legislators, who moved the adjournment motion on the Telangana resolution, rushed to the speaker`s podium.
They raised slogans of `Jai Telangana` and did not allow the chair to conduct the proceedings. The speaker adjourned the house for an hour.
When the house re-assembled there was no let up in the TRS protest for the resolution.
The speaker`s repeated appeals to the legislators to resume their seats and allow the house to take up debate on electricity problem, yielded no response. Amid the din, the speaker adjourned the house for one hour.
The brief monsoon session is ending Saturday and the TDP and other opposition parties are agitated as not a single issue came up for debate during last four days.
The TDP wanted to raise the issues of severe electricity shortage, corruption charges against ministers, drought-like situation, problems of farmers and fee reimbursement for poor students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened