Andhra Assembly remains paralysed over Telangana
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh state legislative Assembly remained paralysed for the fourth consecutive day on Friday with Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) members stalling the proceedings, demanding adoption of a resolution for formation of Telangana state.
Speaker N Manohar adjourned the house twice since morning as TRS insisted that the house pass a resolution on Telangana.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Communist Party of India (CPI) also supported the demand.
As soon as the house assembled for the day, the speaker rejected the adjournment motions moved by the opposition parties.
The main opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP) wanted a debate on fee re-imbursement.
The TRS legislators, who moved the adjournment motion on the Telangana resolution, rushed to the speaker`s podium.
They raised slogans of `Jai Telangana` and did not allow the chair to conduct the proceedings. The speaker adjourned the house for an hour.
When the house re-assembled there was no let up in the TRS protest for the resolution.
The speaker`s repeated appeals to the legislators to resume their seats and allow the house to take up debate on electricity problem, yielded no response. Amid the din, the speaker adjourned the house for one hour.
The brief monsoon session is ending Saturday and the TDP and other opposition parties are agitated as not a single issue came up for debate during last four days.
The TDP wanted to raise the issues of severe electricity shortage, corruption charges against ministers, drought-like situation, problems of farmers and fee reimbursement for poor students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing