Andhra bus fire tragedy: 4 employees of pvt transporter held in Bangalore
Hyderabad: Four employees of a private operator from Bangalore have been arrested by Andhra Pradesh police`s Crime Investigation Department, probing the Volvo bus fire mishap in Mahabubnagar district in the state on October 30 last year.
During the investigation, special teams visited Bangalore and arrested Syed Akram Ahmed, Shabbir Khan, Amanullah Khan and Mohd Rafeeq, all employees of Jabbar Travels, CID Additional Director General of Police T Krishna Prasad today said.
45 passengers, including a child were charred to death when the Volvo bus belonging to Jabbar Travels dashed against a culvert in the median near Palem village in Mahabubnagar on the NH (Bangalore-Hyderabad), and burst in flames even as six passengers escaped with burn injuries.
The driver of the bus Fairoz Basha and owner of the Jabbar Travels Shakeel Jabbar were arrested and sent to judicial custody, the CID chief said.
The CID investigation is having multi-disciplinary approach to examine the criminal culpability of Volvo bus manufacturer and their distributors, owners of the bus, RTA authorities in Bangalore who gave the permit, bus operator, RTA authorities in Hyderabad besides NH authorities and contractors, the senior police officer said.
From the available evidence, the CID will slap relevant sections of MV Act and IPC sections against the accused, Krishna Prasada added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Will Syria gas attacks probe nail the Assad regime?
- SIT's recommendation of banning cash transactions above Rs 3 lakh under consideration: CBDT
- Revealed! Release date of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' teaser
- Rio Olympics 2016: Australia's Cate Campbell swam with hernia, says report
- Apple buys health startup founded by Indian-origin duo