Andhra Pradesh:11 TRS MLAs suspended from Assembly
Hyderabad: Eleven MLAs of Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) along with an Independent legislature
were suspended on Friday from Andhra Pradesh Assembly for the day for disrupting proceedings of the House.
Four CPI MLAs and two BJP members walked out in protest against the suspension of TRS MLAs.
Principal opposition Telugu Desam Party, which had disrupted the House for three days demanding sacking of
ministers involved in the liquor syndicates, today boycotted the Question Hour.
The TRS members, who too had been stalling the proceedings for the past three days demanding a resolution on
Telangana statehood, continued with their protest today as well by storming the Speaker`s podium.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar adjourned the proceedings for half an hour as the TRS legislators continued the din.
Noisy scenes continued even after the House re-assembled an hour later when Legislative Affairs Minister D
Sridhar Babu said they too "respect" the Telangana sentiment. "Efforts were on to take the issue to its logical
conclusion," he said while appealing TRS members to let the House transact business.
At the same time, CPI and BJP legislators were on their feet at their respective positions and raised slogans seeking a resolution on Telangana.
Amid the din, the Legislative Affairs Minister moved a motion for suspending the TRS members from the House for the day. The motion was carried through voice vote and marshals were called in to evict the suspended MLAs.
CPI floor leader G Mallesh protested the TRS MLAs` suspension and lashed out at the Congress for failing to keep
its word on creation of Telangana state.
BJP floor leader Y Lakshminarayana accused the Congress of taking a U-turn after promising Telangana.
Later the CPI and the BJP MLAs walked out of the House in protest. The House then took up discussion on the motion of thanks to Governor`s address.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Gujjars revive agitation for 5% quota in jobs, block rail track
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced