Andhra Pradesh:11 TRS MLAs suspended from Assembly
Hyderabad: Eleven MLAs of Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) along with an Independent legislature
were suspended on Friday from Andhra Pradesh Assembly for the day for disrupting proceedings of the House.
Four CPI MLAs and two BJP members walked out in protest against the suspension of TRS MLAs.
Principal opposition Telugu Desam Party, which had disrupted the House for three days demanding sacking of
ministers involved in the liquor syndicates, today boycotted the Question Hour.
The TRS members, who too had been stalling the proceedings for the past three days demanding a resolution on
Telangana statehood, continued with their protest today as well by storming the Speaker`s podium.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar adjourned the proceedings for half an hour as the TRS legislators continued the din.
Noisy scenes continued even after the House re-assembled an hour later when Legislative Affairs Minister D
Sridhar Babu said they too "respect" the Telangana sentiment. "Efforts were on to take the issue to its logical
conclusion," he said while appealing TRS members to let the House transact business.
At the same time, CPI and BJP legislators were on their feet at their respective positions and raised slogans seeking a resolution on Telangana.
Amid the din, the Legislative Affairs Minister moved a motion for suspending the TRS members from the House for the day. The motion was carried through voice vote and marshals were called in to evict the suspended MLAs.
CPI floor leader G Mallesh protested the TRS MLAs` suspension and lashed out at the Congress for failing to keep
its word on creation of Telangana state.
BJP floor leader Y Lakshminarayana accused the Congress of taking a U-turn after promising Telangana.
Later the CPI and the BJP MLAs walked out of the House in protest. The House then took up discussion on the motion of thanks to Governor`s address.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof